FEATURES: • Aspect Ratio(s): Widescreen Anamorphic – 2.35:1
• DVD Encoding: Region 1 (USA & CANADA)
• Layers: Dual
• Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
• Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
• Commentary by director Lewis Gilbert, the cast and crew
• Theatrical trailer(s)
• Documentaries: Inside The Spy Who Loved Me & Designing Bond
• Still Gallery
• Original TV Ads & Radio Spots
• Collectible Making-Of Booklet
DVD is definitely the best way to see The Spy Who Loved Me. Widescreen will help best establish the scope of Ken Adam`s sets and Derek Medding`s models of the Liparus. Details often cropped out in pan & scan versions that were broadcast on ABC and TBS will be a real eye opener for the viewer new to DVD. The documentaries are top notch, and a lot of time is given to Rick Sylvester`s amazing jump off the Asgaard Peak.
The audio track includes commentary by Michael Wilson, Lewis Gilbert, Ken Adam and Christopher Wood. The lack of star power on the commentary is a drawback though, as it leaves too much time for Ken Adam and Lewis Gilbert to ramble on and interrupt one another. Barbara Bach or Richared Kiel would have been a welcome relief.
One of Roger Moore`s best Bond films is also one of the best special editions to hit DVD.